10 January 2009

unhygienic restroom practices

Grabbing my wrist-
so narrow, your nephew could wrap his hand around

(and he did, last night, at the cinema hesitant
to remove
his gloves for fear of impropriety and
frostbite)-

was a classic unnecessary gesture.

Calloused and cracked and
crying for a covering of lotion,

which I have and you could have
borrowed,
shackles

made of snow topped
with bloodied cuticles
that I did not bloody

touch.

I fear you do 

not wash your hands upon exiting the restroom,
otherwise my gloved palm
would be in yours,

despite being quite adept at 
crossing the street without assistance (I
have been for quite 
some time) from you.

But, that is disgusting and now
my wrist-

so gently held this evenings' past-

needs at the very least some
Purel, 

which I have and you could have
borrowed. 

I would let you, after your hands were cleansed
of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment